Chicken 500 gms / 1 lb
Onion 1 (chopped)
Green chilies 3
Curry leaves 1 sprig
Ginger -garlic paste 1 tsp
Chilly powder 2 tsp(adjust accordingly)
Garam masala 1/2 tsp
Oil 1 tbsp
Salt as needed
1) Cut the chicken . Wash it and keep aside.
2) Heat oil in a pan. Then add the chopped onions , green chilies and curry leaves.
Saute until the onion turns transparent. The onion should turn brown then it will give a good gravy consistancy.
3) Now add the washed chicken to it. The water must ooze out of chicken. Cover the chicken and cook for some time.
4) Once the water is out . Now add the salt and chilly powder.Mix well.
Let it be cooked for 3 minutes covered. S tiring in between.
5) Once the chicken is well absorbed with chilly powder , then add little water. Cover a lid and cook again for 4 minutes. If the chicken is not done then let it get cooked for few more minutes.
Finally add garam masala . Mix well and cook for 1 minute.
Done..Just serve with some roti or rice.