Ullipayalu /Onions 5
Green chilies 4(adjust)
Red chilly powder 1 tsp
Tamarind pulp 2-3 tsp
Fenu greek seeds/ Methi seeds 1 tsp
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Urad dal 1 tsp
Garlic cloves 2
Curry leaves 1 sprig
1) Soak methi seeds in water for 1 hour. Strain the water and keep aside.
Finely chop onions.
Soak tamarind in hot water. Squeeze it and keep aside.
2) Heat oil in a pan. Then add the methi seeds, mustard seeds, once they splutter then add the cumin seeds, urad dal , garlic cloves and green chilies.
3) Now add the chopped onions and curry leaves to it. Saute the onions until transparent.
4) Once the onions turns transparent, then add the salt,red chilly powder,coriander powder.
Mix well . Cook for 5 minutes covered.
5) Add little water and tamarind extract.Bring to boil and adjust the salt.
Cover and cook for 10 minutes until the consistency thickens.
Serve with rice.