Breakfast like king, lunch like prince and dinner like beggar. So soups and salads are always a good options for dinner. They are filling and easy for digestion .Tomato soup is my families favorite It is a year round soup as tomatoes are available .
Tomatoes are sauted with onion and garlic. Then pureed and simmer .I always like my soups to be thick so i simmer for little more time. Toss the bread pieces with little olive oil in a pan. Then serve it along soups.
Onion 1 (medium)
Garlic cloves 2
Pepper corn 7-8
Bay leaf 1
Butter 1 tbsp
Olive oil 1 tsp
Corn flour 1 tsp
Salt as needed
Sugar 1 tsp(if tomato is sour)
1) Chop the tomatoes, onions and garlic cloves.Take butter and olive oil in a pan.
2) Once they melt add the garlic cloves. Saute for 5-10 seconds.
Then add the bay leaf.
Add the onions. Saute till transparent.
4) Add water and cover the pan. Let it cook until tomatoes are cooked.(8-10 mins)
5) Once it cools down , remove the bay leaf. Filter the puree for seeds.
Remove the water and grind it into smooth paste.
6) In a pan add the puree , bay leaf and filtered water to it.
Boil it for 10-15 minutes( i like my soup thick) .
7) Mix corn flour in 3-4 tbsp water. Then add it to the soup. Mix and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
Turn off heat and serve with bread croutons.