Sabudana/ saggubiyam , the first thing that comes to our mind is payasam/kheer, khichdi. But ladoo i never heard about them until I made them today. You wonder how they taste!! These ladoos have a unique flavor . Nobody can guess what these ladoos are made of.
The best part of these ladoos is they are quick to make and they stay fresh for long time. So you can make them and store them in an box .I made my ladoos 10 days back and they are fresh till now. Do try and let me know how they turned out.
Sabudana/Saggubiyam 1 cup
powdered Sugar 1 cup
Cardamom powder 1 tsp
Ghee 3 tbsp
Cashew nuts 8 (break into pieces)
1) Take sabudana/saggubiyam in a pan and dry roast them until the raw smell leaves it.
And sabudana changes it color and increase in size. Turn off flame and cool down.
2) Now grind the sabudana into coarse powder.
3) Heat ghee in a pan. Then add the raisins , almonds and cashew nuts.
Fry until the raisins puff up and cashew nuts change to golden color.
4)Now add the powdered sabudana/ saggubiyam powder to it. Mix well and turn off the flame.
5) Now add the powdered sugar to it . Mix well.
6) Take the mixture in a bowl. Add cardamom powder .
Gradually add the ghee and mix well.
7) Apply some ghee to palms and take some portion of mixture .
Make them into ladoos. Press them hard so that to hold ladoo.
Do like my page DIVYA'S KITCHEN DIARIES as an appreciation if you liked my recipes and interviews.