Carrot rice ! what can be the best way to eat carrot. Specially for biryani lovers like me of course. I cannot say no to any rice variety. Your house smells divine when we add the biryani items to the ghee. There were few carrots left in fridge after i made some carrot halwa. I made carrot rice many times. But I always remember posting it after I finish the last spoon of the rice. So this time I made sure to keep a bowl ready for my clicking. I can promise this is best way to use the left over rice. Just try it and mail me how it turned out. Note the ingredients and start cooking.
Shredded carrot 1/2 cup
Cooked rice 2 cups
Green chilies 4 nos.
Cashew nuts few
Curry leaves 1 sprig
Kasuri methi 1 tbsp
Onion 1 chopped
Bay leaf 1
Cinnamon stick 1/4 inch
Salt as needed
Ghee 1 tbsp
Oil 1 tbsp
1) Wash rice and soak it for 30 minutes. Then cook rice and set aside.
2) In the meantime chop onions , green chilies and shred carrots.
3) Heat oil in a pan. Then add the chopped onions . Fry them until golden brown.
Remove from oil and then place them on kitchen towel to remove the excess oil.
4) Heat ghee in a pan. Then add the bay leaf, cloves, cashew nuts and cinnamon stick.
Saute for until cashew nuts turn golden brown . Then add chopped green chilies.
5) Add the shredded carrot and salt to it. Saute until the carrot changes color to light orange.(2 mins approx)
6) Now add the kasoori methi to it and saute for 1 minute. Finally add cooked rice to it. Mix well and saute for 2 minutes.
Turn off the flame and enjoy it with some raita.