My family can live on noodles . Half of my pantry has noodles , pasta and spaghetti. One day when I woke up I came to know that they banned maggie in India. I rushed to my near by Indian store and bought a dozen of maggie packets before I see them vanishing from stores here. I was wondering how can someone live without maggie 😕.(though , I totally support the decision) . When I had mid night cravings during my first pregnancy I always ended up by making 2 minute maggi noodles. But the maggie come back made so many people like me happy. I suppose I am branding maggie so much oops . There are other noodles that I enjoy too. I also like the noodles that they make on Streets. They have this smoke effect. So, I bought this chinese wok. So, I cannot miss my favorite Indian style street noodles😍. Apart from these noodles I also like Indonesian peanut saute noodles which I tried at Noodles & Company. For a person like me trying something with peanut butter along with my noodles is a complete no no. But accidently there was a wrong order once and my friend's order landed in my plate. Cannot believe how can noodles go well with peanut butter. After I had my first bite of noodles , I went head over heels in love with it 😋. The flavor just touched all my tastebuds right . I was wondering what in the world is this . Right from that very moment , I started loving them so much.
Noodles/Pasta/Spaghetti 8 oz/ 1/2 package
Sesame oil 2 tbsp
Spring onion 1
Ginger 1 tsp(finely chopped)
Peanut butter 1/3 cup
Soy sauce 2 tbsp
Cider/White vinegar 1 tbsp
Hot water 1/4 cup
Sugar 1 tsp
Red chilly flakes 2 tsp( adjust)
Snap peas 5-6(optional)
Tofu 1/4 cup(optional)
Broccoli florets 1/4 cup
Peanuts 2 tbsp (roasted)
1) Boil pasta/ noodles according to the instructions on the box. Drain water and set aside.
2) Chop the white part of the spring onion and ginger . Set the green part aside for garnish.
Chop the carrot into juliennes. Separate the florets from broccoli.
Fry the tofu until golden brown or use as is.
3) Heat sesame oil in a pan. Then add the chopped white part of the spring onion and ginger.
Let them cook for 1-2 minutes.
4) Add the peanut butter and stir in . Now add the soy sauce , hot water, vinegar, sugar , salt and red chilly flakes.
Stir everything well and let it reduce until the water reduces .
The consistency should be saucy.
5) Then add the cooked noodles to it. Toss well with sauce.
6) Now add the chopped carrots, snap peas, Green part of the spring onion. (If using broccoli florets , Toss the broccoli florets in 1 tbsp oil with salt and little red pepper flakes. Cover and cook till the broccoli are cooked.Toss in between. Once cooked set aside.) Now add the broccoli to it.
7) Mix everything well until the noodles, vegetables and sauce are mixed well. Add tofu to noodles.
Enjoy your noodles. Never miss Noodles & Company style Indonesian noodles.