Basmathi rice 2 cups
Pav bhajji masala 3 tbsp
Green peas 1/4 cup
Onion 2 small
Jeera 1 tsp
Butter or oil 4 tbsp
Red chilly powder 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
Coriander leaves few
Lemon juice 3 tsp
Salt as needed
1) Chop carrot, capsicum, cauliflower, onion and tomatoes into pieces.
Wash and soak the basmathi rice for 30 minutes.
Now cook the rice till 90% done. Set aside.
2) Melt butter in a pan, then add the jeera.
3) Once it splutters then add the onion and saute till they turn transparent .
4)Add the tomato pieces and ginger-garlic paste .Saute till the tomatoes become mushy.
5)Now add the carrots,green peas, cauliflower and some portion of capsicum pieces to the tomato mixture.
6) Close the lid and let the vegetables cook for some time.
7) Now add the pav bhajji masala and red chilly powder to the mixture.
Mix well, then add little water and close the lid.
8) Add the cooked rice to the mixture.
Now add salt, remaining capsicum pieces , coriander leaves and lemon juice to it.
Mix well making sure not to break the rice.
9) Saute the rice on medium high flame for 5-8 minutes to get the fried taste to the rice.
Turn off heat and serve with raita.