OATS COCONUT PAYASAM
Oats coconut payasam !! I was wondering how that would taste when i first saw that recipe in Vahchef . I am not a big fan of coconut but trust me it tastes so delicious I had another bowl right after my first. Payasam can be served both warm and cold. I loved it warm. This is best to fulfill quick sweet cravings.It took 15 mins for the whole recipe. Isn't it quick. Then why are you thinking so much just grab all the ingredients and start cooking.
INGREDIENTS:
Oats 2-3 tbsp
Shredded coconut 1/2 cup
Milk 2 cups
Sugar 1/2 cup
Cardamom powder 1/4 tsp
Saffron strands few(optional)
Milk 4 tbsp(for soaking saffron)
Raisins few
Almonds few
PROCEDURE:
1)Add saffron strands to warm milk. Heat ghee in a pan. Add the raisins and cashew nuts. Fry until the raisins puff up and the cashew nuts change into golden color.
2)Now add oats and shredded coconut to it. Mix well and fry for a minute.
3) Now add water and milk to it. Cook till the oats are cooked well. (3-4 mins approx)
4) Then add the sugar and cardamom powder . Mix until the sugar dissolves.
Add the saffron strands along with milk.
Turn off the flame and serve.
For serving cold: Add more water/ milk while cooking. As the oats absorb all the moisture. Once the payasam cools down put in refrigerator.
Please like my page DIVYA'S KITCHEN DIARIES to get interesting recipes and interview updates.







Comments
Post a Comment