POHA/ ATUKULU KESAR

                                   Kesari is tradionally made with semolina/ sooji . Have you ever tried something with poha/ atukulu, if not do try this. A perfect  recipe for a busy festive season . As I have a little one running around I thought of making something quick . So, this time I tried poha kesari for durga pooja. It turned out super yummy. 
                     The best part is I was able to make it in 5 minutes.  I came across this recipe here. It tasted exactly like the same kesari.  




INGREDIENTS:
Poha/ atukulu                          1/2 cup
Sugar                                       1/2 cup
Water                                       1 cup
Orange Food color                  a pinch             
Cardamom powder                  1 tsp
Ghee                                        2 1/2 tbsp
Salt                                          a pinch

PROCEDURE:
1) Heat ghee in a pan. Once it melts then add the poha/ atukulu.
Fry the poha/ atukulu until it doesn't change color. (approx 1-2 mins).

2) Grind the poha coarsely like rava.

3) Boil water and add the powdered poha. 

 Mix well. Cover with lid and cook in low flame till all the water is absorbed stiring in between. The poha should be cooked properly.

4) Now add sugar, cardamom powder and food color. Mix well then the mixture becomes watery as the sugar melts.

5) Add ghee gradually and then stir the kesar . 

Turn off the flame once the kesar leaves the sides. 

Comments

Popular Posts