Busy weekdays I always end up making coconut chutney for idly and dosa as it is quick and easy. My kids are not a fan of coconut chutney. So, I always make peanut chutney as well. Few days back while I was speaking with my mom she reminded me of yogurt coconut chutney. I totally forgot what it tasted like. As, it is similar to coconut chutney I made it the next day. It, was wonderful. The very first bite of chutney reminded me of what my mom was hinting me about. Luckily my kids loved it. Addition of yogurt to the chutney takes it to the next level. If you are looking for something different , quick and easy . Do try this chutney and flatter your crowd.
Note down the ingredients and jump into your aprons.
Shredded coconut 1/2 cup
Green chilies 3-4
Roasted gram dal 1 tbsp
Salt as needed
Yogurt 3-4 tbsp
Oil 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Urad dal 1 tsp
Red chilly 1
Curry leaves 3
1) Grate the coconut and set aside.
2) Now add grated coconut, green chilies, roasted gram dal and salt to a blender.
Grind the chutney and set aside.
3) Whisk the yogurt into smooth texture.
4) Now add the chutney to the beaten yogurt. Mix well.
5) Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds once they splutter then add the urad dal.
Now add the red chilly and curry leaves to it.
Once the red chilly increases in size and turns color.
Turn off the heat.
6) Add the tempering to the chutney .
Serve along with idly or dosa.