Sooji/ Rava 1 cup
Curd 1 3/4 cup
Ginger 1/2 inch
Green chilies 2
Eno fruit salt 1/4 tsp
Oil 1 tbsp
Salt as needed
1) Roast sooji/rava in a tawa for 3-4 minutes until nice aroma comes from it.
2)Whisk the curd and set aside.
3) Chop onion, ginger, coriander leaves and green chilies.
4)Now mix sooji, curd, onion, ginger, coriander leaves , green chilies ,salt and fruit salt together.
Mix thoroughly. Set aside for 5-7 minutes.
5) Grease the ponganalu pan. Add the batter to 3/4 level because the batter rises once cooked.
6) Cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Don't cook on high heat because they will not cook inside.
7) Turn to the other side using a skewer and cook for 3-4 minutes until golden color.
If we don't have a pan then we can directly deep fry them by making small balls out of them on medium flame.
Serves best when hot with chutney.