BANANA WALNUT BREAD I some times dream about this . I cannot stop thinking about it most of the time 😁. Though a part of me feels guilty, but the other part screams " it is so delicious " . I always fail making it as most of the time we end up eating the bananas before they are ripe enough. Finally I managed to tuck in some bananas and pretended to forget about them. So, finally here it is .
Super moist, delicious and addictive bread. Your house actually smells ba ba ba na...😋I finished the whole bread in just a jiffy. I added walnuts, but we can substitute them with 1/2 cup chocolate chips also. We can actually play with the recipe by substituting with ingredients. I added complete brown sugar but we can make it with half brown sugar and half white sugar. Just note the recipe and jump right into your kitchen.
All purpose flour 1 cup
whole wheat flour 1/2 cup
Over ripe bananas 4
Cinnamon powder 1 tsp(optional)
Baking powder 1 tsp
Baking soda 1 tsp
Butter , softened 1/2 cup
Brown sugar/white sugar 3/4 cup(adjust according to taste)
Vanilla extract 11/2 tsp
Walnuts chopped 1/4 cup
1) Grease a 9*5 loaf pan with butter. Dust it with some flour. Tap the tin to remove the excess flour.
2) Peel the banana skin and mash it with a fork until it is smooth. Or use a blender and puree it.
3)In a bowl place a sieve and add all purpose flour, wheat flour, cinnamon powder, baking soda and baking powder. Sieve them together gives a uniform mixing.
4) Now add soften butter, sugar to the stand mixer/ bowl and mix well until the sugar melts.
5) Add the mashed bananas and vanilla extract mix well.
6) Add the sieved flour mix little by little and mix well in a mixer/ bowl. Once everything is mixed well finally add the chopped walnuts. (don't over mix the batter)
7) Now add the batter into the greased loaf pan.
Bake for 45-50 minutes at 350 degree Fahrenheit / 170 degree Celsius.
Let it cool down for 20 minutes. Enjoy your banana bread with a cup of hot coffee.