Most of the mornings we end up in the kitchen thinking what to make as breakfast.For idly or dosa we need to plan ahead. As my family love to have proper indian breakfast .I always plan on making idly/dosa once a week so that I don't end up eating maggie/cereals.In my household we love eating Idly or dosa with some yummy chutney , ghee and podi(spice powder). Mostly I end up making coconut chutney or peanut chutney as they are pretty quick to make in the morning rush hour. During weekends I like to play with ingredients. My mom used to make this tomato and coriander chutney. I tossed some roasted peanuts into them. We,can add or subtract any ingredient of your choice into this chutney.Due to the advent of technology we get veggies Tomatoes these days are really hard and raw. Try to find ripe tomatoes for this chutney it tastes great.
Peanuts 2 tbsp
Coriander/cilantro 1 bunch
Tamarind pulp 1 tsp
Red chillies 5
Salt as needed
Garlic cloves 1
Oil 2 tsp
Oil 1 tsp
Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
Urad dal 1 tsp
Chana dal 1 tsp
Red chilly 1
Curry leaves 3-4 leaves
1) Dry roast the peanuts and set aside.
2) Heat 1.5 tsp of oil. Then add the chopped tomatoes to it. Cook until they are mushed.
Turn off heat and set aside.
3) In the same pan, heat 1/2 tsp of oil then add the chopped coriander/cilantro leaves.
saute till it changes its color.
In the same fry red chillies and garlic clove.Once the red chilies increase in size and change color. Take them aside.
4) Once everything cools down. Then take tomato, peanuts, coriander leaves , tamarind, red chillies, garlic cloves and salt.
Grind it into smooth paste.
5) Heat oil then add the mustard seeds. Once they splutter then add the urad dal, chana dal, red chilly and curry leaves. Turn off when the dals turn golden color. Add the tempering to chutney.
Enjoy delicious chutney with idly or dosa.