FOR COOKING RICE::
Basmathi rice 2 cups
Shah jeera 1 tsp
Bay leaf 1
Cinamom stick 1/2 inch
Oil 1 tbsp
Salt as needed
FOR MARINATING SHRIMP:
Shrimps 500 gms/1 lb
Salt as needed
Red chilly powder 1 tsp(adjust)
Coriander powder 2 tsp
Ginger -garlic paste 1 tsp
FOR COOKING SHRIMPS:
Cinnamon stick 1/4 inch
Yogurt 2 cups
Coriander leaves 1/2 cup
Mint leaves 1 bunch
Green chilies 2
Biryani masala 1 tbsp
Fried onions as desired
Saffron/ yellow food color pinch
Milk 2 tbsp
1)Soak basmathi rice for 30 minutes. Soak saffron in warm milk or mix food color in milk.
2)In a pan add oil. Then add the onions chopped length wise in it. Fry till golden brown take aside on a kitchen towel.
2) Boil water in a large pan. Then add oil, salt ,bay leaf, cinnamon stick, shahjeera and elachi in it.
3)Once it comes to boil add rice to it. The rice should cook till 90% done approximately around 6-7 minutes.Turn off the heat.
4)Strain the water from the rice and keep aside.
5) Devein the shrimp.Add turmeric and salt. Add water and then wash them properly.
6) Now add salt,ginger-garlic paste, red chilly powder and coriander powder to shrimps.
Mix well and keep aside. Marinate for 15 minutes.
7) In a pan add oil. Then add cinnamon stick, cardamom/elachi ,cloves once nice aroma comes .
Then add the marinated shrimps to the oil. Saute for 3-4 minutes so that they get cooked 50% .
8)Once done take aside.
9)In the same oil add curd stir well . Then add coriander leaves, pudina ,biryani masala and fried onions to it.
Cook until oil separates from the mixture.
10) Now add the cooked shrimps to it. Let it cook for 2 minutes.
11)Add 90% cooked rice on top of it. Then add the coriander leaves, fried onions , saffron milk and masala powder. Close the lid. Cook no more than 10 minutes.
Turn off heat and then serve yummy biryani with some raita.