Rice 2 cups
Onion 2(cut length wise)
Ghee 2 tbsp
Cashew nuts 5
Cinnamon stick 1/2 inch
Green chilies 5-6
Pudina leaves 1 bunch
Yogurt 3 tbsp
Biryani masala 1 tbsp
Food color/saffron a pinch
Milk 2 tbsp
FOR FRYING EGGS:
Boiled eggs 4
Red chilly powder 1 tsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Jeera powder 1 tsp
Salt as needed
1)Wash and soak rice for 30 minutes.
Boil and peel the eggshells.
Cut the eggs into circles .
Mix food color in milk and set aside.
2) Heat oil in a pan then add the chopped onions in it.
Fry till the onions turn golden brown. Take it on kitchen towel to strain the excess oil.
3) Heat oil in a pan. Then add the red chilly powder, coriander powder, jeera powder and salt.
4) Add the sliced egg pieces to the mixture. Toss well, once it fries on one side flip to the other side. (5-6 minutes)
5) Boil water then add the whole garam masala , salt and oil to it.
Then add the soaked rice to it.
Cook till the rice is 80% done (6 minutes) and then strain the rice.
6) Heat ghee in a pan. Then add the whole garam masala and cashew nuts to it.
Once the cashew nuts turns golden brown .
Then add the onion and green chilies to it. Fry until onion turns golden brown.
7) Add the ginger-garlic paste . Saute till the raw smell leaves. Add pudina leaves and saute for 1 minutes. Add the coriander powder, red chilies, yogurt and salt. Mix well and saute the mixture until oil separates.
Add egg masala to it. Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
8) Take half the egg mixture aside. Now add half cooked rice on it.
Then add egg mixture, fried onions and ghee on top of it.
Add food color on top of it.
Cover the dish with lid tightly. Making sure the steam is locked.
Serve hot with raita...