Idly is the most healthy and filling breakfast recipe. I make idly atleast once a week. If i have idly or dosa batter i feel relaxed when i wake up. I need not search what to cook as breakfast. It is very rare that idlies are left in my house.But when they are, i like to make fried idlies with green chutney.
I generally make tawa pulao but never made tawa idly. This recipe is long awaiting in my drafts. It is a very quick recipe. It took me 15 minutes for this recipe.
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Onion 1 medium
Green bell pepper 1/4 no.
Tomato 1 medium
Pav bhaji masala 1 tbsp
Salt as needed
Lemon juice half lemon
Coriander leaves few(1 tbsp)
Oil 1 tbsp
1) Cut idly into small cubes.
2) Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds let them splutter.
3)Add onion pieces saute till they are transparent.
Then add the green pepper, saute for 1 minutes. Don't saute too much let it have some crunchy feeling.
4) Add tomatoes and salt. Cover the lid and cook till tomatoes are mushy.
5) Add pav bhajji masala. Mix well and add little water.
Cook for 1 minute.
6) Add the cubed idly to it. Mix well.
7) Finally add the chopped coriander leaves and lemon juice.