Diwali is couple of weeks away from now. So I planned to open up the treasure box of sweets. Besan peda is melt in mouth , deliciously tasting sweet . The making is same as the normal peda with addition of besan/chickpea flour. It took 30-40 minutes for the whole procedure. Besan peda reminds me of the childhood days where my mom used to make it with full cream milk. The taste of it was so rich. She added some almonds and cashew nuts , which I avoided. I grated just 2-3 almonds on top of the pedas. Trust me you forget all the effort once you happen to put them in your mouth. Just relish the taste and let me know.
Besan /gram flour 1/2 cup
Milk 1 ltr or 4 cups
Sugar 11/2 cup
Ghee 1/2 cup
Almonds 2-3 (grated for garnishing)
1) Dry roast the besan in a non stick pan until the raw smell leaves and color changes. Turn off the flame and keep aside.
2) In a pan add milk . On low-medium flame heat milk and keep stiring . (Making sure milk doesn't stick to the bottom).
3) Boil the milk untill it reduces to half in its quantity.
4) Now add the sugar and to it and mix well. Stir untill the sugar dissolves.
5) Add the roasted besan to it and mix everything well to avoid lumps.
6) Add ghee/clarified butter slowly to the mixture and keep stiring.(5-10)
When the mixture leaves the edges it is cooked . Turn off flame and transfer to a plate.
Let it cool down.
7) Apply ghee to your hand and then shape them into desired shapes.
I made balls and then press them a little. Using a knife i made pattern on them.
Don't forget to like my page DIVYA'S KITCHEN DIARIES for interesting recipes and interviews of your favorite bloggers.