Oats Nuts ladoo ! Wow healthy and yummy. Oats are a good source of fiber which can lower cholesterol levels. Walnuts, almonds, cashew and raisins are packed with health benefits. Above all we can make them in a jiffy. My kid removes all the nuts from ladoos or other food items. So I always try to crush them so that it can blend nicely into the food. I like the chucks of nuts while eating. We can skip jaggery with sugar powder. But jaggery gives a nice taste to the ladoo. And jaggery has lot of iron in it. So, in a whole these ladoos are a pack of energy.
Oats 1 cup
Raisins 20 no.
Coconut flakes 2 tbsp
Cardamom powder 1 tsp
Jaggery/ sugar 1/3 cup(adjust to sweetness u want)
Ghee 1 tbsp+ enough to make ladoos.
1) Add oats to a pan. Dry roast them until the raw smell leaves them.
Once they cool down grind into fine powder.
2) Now crush jaggery and set aside.
3) Melt ghee in a pan . Add the raisins to it.
Fry until the raisins puff up and increase in size.
4) Now crush the almonds and walnuts into coarse powder. (u can add them by chopping into pieces)
But crushing is good if you are making for kids.
5) Now take powdered oats, jaggery, crushed nuts, raisins and coconut flakes in a bowl.Mix the dry ingredients well. Melt ghee .
6) Slowly add the melted ghee and make them into ladoos.